Monday, November 8, 2010

Brandis.

My name is Brandis Alfonso
I'm 22.
I'm lucky for all of these things...
I have a wonderful family.
I have the sweetest friends.
I have a career that I LOVE.
I am breathing.
I don't have any Cavities... (kidding, but I really don't..)

A little about me...
  I'm the youngest of 3 kids. I have one brother (Brandon) and one sister (Biranda). I have a hilarious man for my father and a gorgeous lady for my mama. I grew up dancing and playing sports. Quite the combination if you ask me, hahaha. 
  I knew from a very young age that I wanted to make people love themselves, no matter how I had to do it. I think after I tried to give myself layers in the 7th grade, I pretty much knew that I would never make someone look as horrible as my mullet looked. hahaha.  I'm almost certain that's when I knew I loved making people laugh.
   I always knew I was different. I always liked the 'weird' things, and never matched my clothes. It's a good thing in high school, being 'different' was somewhat... cool? My favorite band was Blink 182, I colored my hair black, and I was a cheerleader who played soccer. Goes together almost as good as ice cream and mustard... I have never understood why people think it's terrible to wear black with brown, or why people own irons. Wrinkles are normal, and things that match give me anxiety. It's the flaws that make something beautiful, and it's the little things that always count. 
  After I graduated high school, I began my freshman year of college as a Broadcast journalism major. Writing has always been an escape for me, and photography was always the thing that made me happy. Going to school for the things I enjoyed doing was insane to me. Really? It was awesome. Something was still missing, though. I'm a Gemini, so we're always looking for the missing piece. 
 I knew I found it when I realized how much I enjoyed being in the salon. It's pretty much the perfect atmosphere. It's well balanced, it's fun and being around artistic people was just what I was longing for. I immediately registered for cosmetology school, and I finally felt comfortable. I thought, if I can do ALL of the things that I love, I will always be happy and in return I know I can do what I forever knew I wanted to do. Make people LOVE themselves, and what better way to do that then give them some rockin' hair, and then snap a few photos to remember... OKAY, maybe not that cheesy, but I know that I want to make people feel good about themselves, constantly.  I am confident that I'm going to love what I do until my last day, so with that said there's no other direction to head but up! 
LOVE!








2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that you're an inspiration to me. Seeing you follow your dreams with such persistence makes it so clear that anything is possible. You deserve all the best that life has to offer and this opportunity just proves that great things happen for great people. You make the world a little brighter with your smile. I love you friend and good luck! xoxo
    Shayla

    ReplyDelete